- Specialists in electrical safety testing in Nottingham
- We work weekends at no extra cost
- We work Bank holidays at no extra cost
- Testing from just 59p per test
- Ensures your insurance is valid
- Meet your Health & Safety requirements
- All quoted prices are the same nationwide
- CALL NOW ON 0115 648 1666
What is a Portable Appliance?
Portable equipment which is not part of a fixed installation but when used is connected to a fixed installation (or a generator), by means of a flexible cable, plug and socket constitutes a portable appliance. It includes equipment that is hand held or hand operated while connected to the power supply. It also includes extension leads, power leads, plugs and sockets, and cord sets that supply portable equipment and are not part of the fixed installation, since they operate in the same environment and are subject to similar use as the equipment they serve.
Why is a portable appliance test needed?
- To make sure its safe to use
- To make sure your company meets the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- To make sure your Insurance is valid.
- To meet Health & Safety requirements
- To meet the requirements stated in The Electricity at Work Regulations
What is included in the PAT Testing cost
- Rewiring of plug-top cables
- Changing of standard plug-tops to meet BS standards
- Updating of fuses cartridges to correct rating
- A unique number for each appliance
- A failure report detailing what’s failed and why
- A certificate of passed appliances
Reliable and friendly service at a great price. They even came out on a Saturday at no extra cost.
Phoned them on the Monday all my appliances were all tested by the next week. Would high recommend using them.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN A PAT TEST?
The engineer does a formal visual inspection and an electrical test
The formal visual inspection part checks for the following
- Is the appliance in general good condition and suitable for the use.
- The appliance Is it working? (Function test)
- The lead Is it in good condition and safe?
- Is it free from damage and nicks or cuts which could cause injury?
- Is the cable fitted properly to the plug?
- Does it switch on/off properly to allow you to isolate the power if needed?
- Is there any damage to the external parts?
- Is the correct fuse fitted? We check the rating
- Signs of internal damage or signs of tampering ?
LASTLY, WE CARRY OUT
- A functional check – we power up the appliance to ensure that it is working normally
- The appliance is then labelled accordingly as a PASS or FAIL and indicating the date due for next inspection or just the test date (5th Edition)
- Earth Continuity Testing (Class 1 equipment)
- Insulation Resistance Testing (Class 1 and 2)
- Protective Conductor/Touch Current Testing