Portable Appliance Testing
Enquiry Form – Response within 2 hours
Track and Test Ltd Specialise in Portable Appliance Testing. Prices from £0.59p
PAT testing is to help you meet your Health and Safety Requirements
What is a Portable Appliance?
Portable equipment which is not part of a fixed installation but when used is connected to a fixed installation (or a generator), by means of a flexible cable,
plug and socket constitutes a portable appliance. It includes equipment that is hand held or hand operated while connected to the power supply. It also includes extension leads, power leads, plugs and sockets, and cord sets that supply portable equipment and are not part of the
fixed installation, since they operate in the same environment and are subject to similar use as the equipment they serve.
For what reason is a Portable Appliance test needed ?
- To make sure its safe to use
- To make sure your company meets the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- To make sure your Insurance is valid.
- To meet Health & Safety requirements
- To meet the requirements stated in The Electricity at Work Regulations
What does the pat testing engineer do when testing?
The engineer does a formal visual inspection and an electrical test.
The formal visual inspection part checks for the following
- Is the appliance in general good condition and suitable for the use.
- The appliance Is it working? (Function test)
- The lead Is it in good condition and safe?
- Is it free from damage and nicks or cuts which could cause injury?
- Is the cable fitted properly to the plug?
- Does it switch on and off properly to allow you to isolate the power if needed?
- Is there any damage to the external parts?
- is the correct fuse fitted? We check the rating
- Are there any signs of internal damage or signs of tampering ?
A Safety Test is then carried out.
Earth Continuity Testing (Class 1 equipment)
Insulation Resistance Testing (Class 1 and 2)
Protective Conductor/Touch Current Testing
Lastly we carry out:
A Functional Check – we power up the appliance to ensure that it is working normally.
The appliance is then labelled accordingly as a PASS or FAIL and indicating the date due for next inspection or just the test date (4th Edition)
EXAMPLE OF WHAT A PAT TEST IS / EXAMPLE OF A PORTABLE APPLIANCE TEST
We follow the 3rd and 4th Edition IEE Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment –
What does it cost to carry out PAT Testing at my premisis
All quoted prices are the same nationwide wide . and is the same if conducted during working hours or after hours, or weekends, but it does assumes that the engineer has easy access to all the equipment to be tested. Please note there is a daily minimum charge. Then a Unit rate applied depending on the total per site of which a quote will be provided.
What you get for your money included in the cost for PAT Testing
- rewiring of plug-top cables
- changing of standard plug-tops to meet BS standards
- updating of fuses cartridges to correct rating
- A Unique number for each appliance
- A Failure report detailing whats failed and why
- A Certificate of Passed appliances
FIXED APPLIANCE TESTING ALSO AVAILABLE (e.g Hand Dryers, Fly Zappers etc ) THESE TEND TO GET FORGOT ABOUT !!!!!
CALL NOW FOR A LOW COST QUOTE ! 0843 289 3747
MAKE SURE YOUR PAT TESTING IS DONE BEFORE ITS TO LATE!