Leeds firm in court after trainee’s electric shock
failings after a trainee technician needed skin grafts after receiving an electric shock while using unsafe testing equipment.
The 22-year-old Bradford man, who does not wish to be named, spent five days in hospital with injuries to his arms and chest after the incident at a company in Westland Square, Beeston, on 18 February 2013.
Could this have been prevented with PAT Testing?
£3,000 fine after worker suffers electric shock
- Date:22 April
A Cannock company has been fined a total of £3,000 after one of its employees suffered a serious electric shock from one of its machines.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) prosecuted Hickman Engineering Ltd after Ben Roberts (21) from Cannock was taken to hospital suffering from burns to his legs, chest, fingers and wrist.
The steel fabrications company, of North Street, Cannock, pleaded guilty to breaching Regulations 4(2) and 6(a) of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989. As well as the fine, it was also ordered to pay £1,500 costs.
Cable firm fined over severe electric shock
Knowsley cable firm fined over severe electric shock
- 25 April 2013
A cable manufacturer has been fined after an employee suffered a severe electric shock at its factory in Knowsley. Medics had to resuscitate the worker on the way to hospital when his heart stopped beating as the result of a cardiac arrest. He also sustained serious burns to his arms and hands. Tratos Ltd was prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) today (25 April 2013) after an investigation found the safety lock on the entrance to a high-voltage testing area at the factory
Suffolk firm fined for electrical hazard
A Suffolk plastics manufacturer has been fined after electrical fittings at its production site were found to be dangerous. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) uncovered serious issues with the construction and maintenance of the electrical systems at Techplas in Sudbury on 9 and 10 October 2011 after investigating a separate unrelated issue.